Wednesday, November 20, 2019

How Green Velvet and I came up with Jolean

A new track is coming out Friday by Get Real (collaboration group with Green Velvet and myself). The track is called Jolean and you probably heard it at one of our shows by now. Green Velvet and I worked really hard on this track and we had no idea what to expect because it doesn't really sound like anything else.  

 

The way it all happened is — Green Velvet sent me a vocal with 4 personalities and a hook-like Prince.  After that, I went through at least 30 basslines just trying to nail the groove for the vocal. Caj talked me off a ledge many times.  He is the best person to work with because he is so positive and inspiring. He gave me a lot of great notes like stripping back everything in the track until just the core groove works and then adding all the spices back in one by one.  His vocals are crazy and funky and we talked on the phone many, many times about how to get the track to work. I think I spent 15 hours just on the arpeggios but even though the track was hard to make, I think it turned out really cool. 

 

The first time we got to play it together was at Movement in Detroit. When I saw the full reaction, I knew we had something cooking. In the end, of course, it's always up to you guys to decide if you like it. I just wanted to write about the track a little bit because I love working with Green Velvet and I think this track is special. If you feel like pre-saving it you can do that here.
 

Love you guys,

Claude VonStroke







This email was sent to cohr.2k.peepthis@blogger.com
why did I get this?    unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences
DIRTYBIRD · 2554 Lincoln Blvd · #741 · Venice, CA 90291 · USA

No comments:

Post a Comment